Thursday, 26 April 2012

Feeling sad

Greetings

I think it was yesterdays post on Meanqueens blog that started it.  Loads of memories have come flooding back, most of them unpleasant, and knocked me sideways.  These times do happen, I know it will pass, but I'm feeling pretty down right now.

I'm not one to wallow in self pity for too long, but sometimes the sadness is all engulfing like a dark wet blanket.

Everyone has their own stories to tell, everyone has their own sadnesses, I am not alone I know that.  You would think that when you get to a 'certain age' these things don't affect you, but they do, very much so.

I believe that you have to feel the pain in order to move on, it's no good trying to gloss over it, but then each time it returns it's been 'diluted' a little until it's hardly noticeable (but never really goes away).  We have to learn to cope.


I make myself think of all the people lots worse of than me, those with physical disabilities for example, what a lot they have to put up with.  That always makes me feel ashamed for wallowing in my pit of self pity - what a miserable little whinger I am !!  right - it helps to write it down, lots to do, onwards and upwards .........

take care peeps........

4 comments:

  1. Lots of hugs.

    Two ways of looking at it have helped me, one is to think that you need to go over something x number of times to 'wear it out' and the other is that the bad times are like being pruned - painful but necessary for growth. I am so sorry that you are sad. WS xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi WS,
    Thank you for your comment, I like your comparison about being 'pruned' - I will bear that in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry if I reminded you of painfull memories. I like Sybil's idea of wearing your emotions out. A bit like a rubber really, erasing a bit at a time.

    The news item of the young woman who dropped down dead when she was almost at the point of finishing the marathon, has stuck in my mind. What a terrible thing to happen, such a tragedy for her family who had already lost a son. And then the thousands of acts of kindness from those who have donated to her charity. Puts it all into perspective really. Makes my awful times look pathetic.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh please MQ - don't apologise ! it's not your fault. It's just that posting about relationship breakdowns brought it all back, and judging by the response, I'm probably not the only one it affected !
    It's a good thing really, the emotions have now been pruned, worn down or diluted a little more - so I'm getting there.
    You're absolutely right too about people being much worse off as I said, I really am a pathetic whinger - it's official !!
    I think your post has done a lot of good.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...