Thursday, 12 April 2012

A LITTLE HELP FROM MY FRIENDS - PLEASE

There's one or two things I can't get my head around on here, can anyone help me  please ?



Firstly, how do I label my posts so the labels appear at the bottom of the post ?  When I try to do this, the 'label' appears under the header.

Next,  how do I make the 'title' of each post appear in the sidebar not just the date ?



Lastly, I want to include some tabs/links to stand alone pages if I can, under the main header, for recipes, frugal hints and tips, crafting etc. etc., I've seen this on other blogs, but again no idea how to do this?

I know there is a Blogger tutorial, but it's so 'time consuming !  I don't have the time to traul through all those 'how to' questions until I find one relating to what I'm looking for.

Thanks in advance peeps.........

By the way, the bottom picture IS me - aren't I gorgous ?  (ha ha ha)



8 comments:

  1. Hi J.
    Blog Archive - I have a wee 'spanner/screwdriver' at the bottom RH side of every 'gadget' (a blog list, or a blog archive, is what blogger calls a gadget). It is really a 'tool', a short-cut to 'Edit'. A click on the this should give you a window with all the options. You should also be able to get to it via the blog 'Layout' menu. I will investigate t'others when I get a minute. (wee bit busy just now). :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry - forgot to say - click "show post titles".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me again. :(
    Labels.
    Go to Layout.
    In the centre is a 'box' called "Blog Layout".
    In the bottom RH corner is - Edit.
    When you click on this you get a window called
    "Configure Blog Posts".
    Scroll down to a box called "Arrange Items",
    You can then drag 'Labels' to anywhere you fancy.
    Hope I'm helping? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see a few changes at my end. :)
    The column widths of the 'Blog archive' and 'Blog list' seem a bit on the narrow side.
    I don't know how to set up Tabs. I know there is a way, but what I did was to create a new blog(s) and then link across.
    Cheers......B

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for this help Bernard, as you say I've made one or two changes, still struggling a bit, things seem to have a mind of their own.
      Strange, when in 'preview' mode, the post title is green, but in 'live' mode it is grey !
      I think I'm getting there thanks to you !
      Off to have a cuppa now to refresh my brain cell then I'll be back.

      Delete
    2. I'm reading this with interest as I don't really know how to do a lot of this! WS xxx

      Delete
  5. I am on the old Blogger (blue) interface. The tabs you want at the top are pages. On your Design page there is a Posting tab. Click on that and then click on Edit Pages. There you will see - Add a Page.
    Hope this helps.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for that 'Mum' - I will try that tomorrow, and thanks' for visiting.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...