Monday, 30 April 2012

So Which is It ?

Drought ?  or  Flood ?

We've been told for weeks we have a drought situation here in UK, and we are all diligently saving water (I hope) but now there has been non-stop rain for days we are being told there are flood warnings in place !

Every year this happens, it's the English weather !  but how can you have a hosepipe ban operating at the same time as flood warnings ?

I've just watched the evening news and see that the weather bods are saying it is 'the wrong kind of rain'  -   is it me ?

                                                                  So which is it to be :


                                                                              drought

                                                                              or flood ?

My garden is so flooded at the moment the only thing I could grow is rice ! but I mustn't use my hosepipe !

3 comments:

  1. I saw the flooding on the Canadian news tonight - hoping you are not affected!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is the wrong kind of rain, coming down too fast on solid dry ground and running off, except where its flooding of course.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...