Wednesday, 15 August 2012

Catch up ............

Greetings,

I have some catching up to do on the blog, lots of things to show you.  I've still been raking in the bargains, some from over a week ago which have now been eaten ! but I'll show you anyway.  Sometimes I can't believe it myself just how cheaply you can get things if you look, and put yourself out a little by being in the store at 'reduction time'
Anyway, here's a few to start :  if you want a closer look, just click on the pictures.






This one (above) isn't clear, it's a large sized pot of butter-bean salad with peppers - usually £2.99 - reduced down to 25p !


Just look at this ! it's a very large size pot for only 10p. and it's a lovely spicy coleslaw - I'm still using this



Potato's, tea cakes and 'finest' apricot tartlets ! can you see the price of those ? usually £3.29 !!  can you believe anyone would pay that ?  anyway, those were savoured and made to last believe me !



A nice selection of goodies - see the celeriac ?  I wouldn't normally buy that, but at that price I couldn't walk past - then I had to scour my cookery books to come up with something clever and creative to do with it.  I eventually made 4 celeriac bakes - but forgot to photograph them - sorry, but they were so delicious I will be doing them again.  That was one to eat (2 days) and 3 for the freezer - I'll never get the freezer empty cooking like this though.


Another nice selection including Quorn savoury eggs which went down very well with salad, and some left over which I put into a pasta based meal.  The little pots of fruit are a ready made dessert with a little yog.



More lovely veggies including my favourite - butternut squash.



And here is Itty (the Kitty) guarding it all for me - isn't he kind ?

I'd better stop there or you'll all be dozing off ............... but you can see it's not difficult to eat very well and healthily without spending a fortune.  I get to taste and eat stuff that I could never afford at normal prices, so it's well worth putting yourself out for.

take care peeps ............



2 comments:

  1. Definately well worth the inconvenience of going to the shops late. Like yourself I couldn't afford normal prices.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...