Wednesday, 17 October 2012

Boring innit ?

Greetings,
I am bored - official !



It's not that I've got nothing to do, it's because I can't raise any enthusiasm to do anything.  I think the weather is to blame (when all else fails - blame the weather) I mean it's not as if we've had a summer to look back on is it ? - just warm rain.

One ray of sunshine though - I bought myself a satnav from Ebay of course, for one reason only - to find out which ******* lane I'm supposed to be in when approaching multi-lane islands and junctions.
Now I'm not stupid, I know that when in the left hand lane it means turn left, in the right, turn right, and centre - go straight on - easy innit ?

Oh no, no no, I find so many times recently that it's very difficult to position oneself in the correct lane 'cos lots of islands have 4+ lanes with hardly any indication or direction as to which one you should be in !  The powers that be seem to change road layouts overnight without so much as a 'by your leave' - it's a teensy bit annoying don't you think ?

So I went to see the nice man in Halfords and explained my 'problem' feeling very silly and not a little old, but surprise, surprise, he said he had exactly the same problem, and couldn't cope without his satnav - and that is the main reason a lot of people get them these days - so that made me feel a lot less incapable. (but still bored)

So I got him to recommend one, then came home and got it much cheaper from Ebay - naughty or wot ?

So there's one black cloud lifted anyway, all I have to do now is figure out how to use it when it arrives and I'll be off !  I've felt very trapped lately because of this problem, scared to go out for fear of spending eternity driving round and round the same island unable to get off and eventually disappearing up my own exhaust pipe !


take care peeps ...............





No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...