Wednesday, 16 January 2013

Update on Carrotcat ............

 
Greetings,
I've been asked how Carrotcat is getting along, so I thought I'd put an update on here.  Check this link for the full story - copy and paste.

http://weansfrugalworld.blogspot.co.uk/2012/06/beloved-pets.html

At the beginning of June 2012 he was 'given' 12 months.  After having an operation to remove 8 teeth, it was discovered that he had a 'mass' in his abdomen.  Following discussions with the vet it was decided that due to his age (now in his 18th year) it wouldn't be adviseable to operate.  It would be too traumatic for him, there was no guarantees and the aftercare could be long and painful.

The above picture shows him just a couple of days ago waiting for his lunch with Sopicat.  His appetite is still good, he has his own full sized electric blanket to lie on and he is still scampering about the place.

He is on permanant medication and has the best food money can buy !  He is getting barrow loads of love and cuddles, I know every day is a bonus and every day I love him more, if that's possible.

I dread the inevitable, the only way I am able to deal with it is to remind myself that a lot of cats don't live to his age anyway, so at 18 he is doing very well indeed.

Thank you for asking how he is, Carrotcat purrs his thanks also.

take care peeps ................

3 comments:

  1. Its your love that's keeping him going...spoil him rotten... new follower!! Hugs May x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cats - 18 is a good age he obviously doesn't want to leave you - I wish someone would provide me with an electric mat to sleep on.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...