Monday, 11 February 2013

A bit of this, a bit of that ...........

Greetings,

Well there's loads more of the white stuff here today, it's been falling all night, and I had to dig the car out again this morning.


This is a very rare picture of me !  I hate being 'snapped' but I grabbed a passing walker and asked him to take this picture, I don't know who looked the most surprised, him or me !!  Get a load of the hand made legwarmers and hat made from a sweater - cool eh ?


Got a little baking done, some loaves, some 'stew pies' i.e. thick stew mixture in a pastry case, served with baked potato - very nice, and half of a pud that was left at the weekend, just a jam base with some quickly mixed up sponge mix and cooked in the slow cooker.

 
I had to get to the vet this morning for a checkup for Sopicat, he's 19 now and doing very well, but the vet said he had a slightly enlarged thyroid gland and had to have a blood test, I'll get the results tomorrow.  Good job I'm frugal or I'd never be able to afford all this vet treatment.
 
 
Here he is on his heated pet bed, he has trouble relaxing as you can see !
It was a bit slippery on the roads, but if you take it easy, it's OK, it never ceases to amaze me how some drivers still try to overtake and exceed the speed limit even in these conditions.
 
so nothing very earth shattering this morning, take care peeps ............
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. well I think you look great!I have done the same with old sweaters!!! I'm so glad your old lady cat is doing well, I miss mine so much, looks like some yummy food you had this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great, I do the same with jumble sale jumpers, too.
    Sending lots of love to Sopicat, I feel like joining him in his bed, it's freezing! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope the results come back ok. Looks like Sopicat is in the right place with all that snow though. We had some last night, but it didn't lay, thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I never realized the UK got quite so much snow! Is this usual every winter or just a particularly bad one? Cheers from Canada

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great hat and leg warmers! You asked on my blog what camera I use. Most of those photos were taken with a fuji bridge camera similar to this one http://www.johnlewis.com/231532875/Product.aspx but I have also taken some good close ups on my point and shoot by using the shutter button to manually focus. Hope that helps :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The snow looks lovely, but then again, I don't have to clear it all the time. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...