Monday, 4 March 2013

I had a Dream ...........

Greetings,

I'm resisting the temptation of putting a picture of Martin Luther King here - it's too obvious.  So I'll put a cat picture instead (now there's a change)

 
It wasn't too bad a dream as dreams go, you know there's a point in all dreams isn't there, when you actually realise you are dreaming ?  well this point came for me when I answered the phone (in my dream of course) and a lady of my aquaintance proceeded to tell me how she admired me and how I had been instrumental in shaping her life and helping her through difficulties - ha ha - well that ain't never gonna happen - so from there onwards I knew it was all fiction.

 Chickens have been in my thoughts a lot lately, I'd been thinking about how I could fit a couple into my tiny garden, and I dreamed I bought some, they were a kind of pale coffee colour, no idea what breed, but they were lovely, and with them came a huge, and I do mean huge, cockerel.    Here he is and here is his lady wife, as you can see we breed 'em big here in Shropshire.  You should see the eggs !

So I can't get chickens out of my mind today, and I've realised just how much I miss them, not to mention my other animals,  (well lets not mention my other animals)  They bring life to any garden.

I used to rescue them literally by the dozen, it was a delight to see them grow feathers, feel the sun on their backs and discover that they could scratch the good earth.  Sadly I don't have the space at the moment, but I really think I could squeeze 2/3 in here, I brought one small chicken house and a run with me 'just in case' although as I'm not using the main part of the garden for growing this year because of conditions, they could free range and I could keep my potted garden on the patio away from them.  Can you tell I'm warming to the idea ?
 
 I've always loved Araucanas, beautiful grey birds known as 'The Easter Egg Chicken' because they lay blue or pale green eggs.  I had a small flock of these along with others.



                                                                 I also love these .......


                                                                         and these .............

                                                        So many chickens - so little time
Anyway, I'm going to have some - sorted !  (but please don't tell my landlord!)
 
take care peeps ...............
 

4 comments:

  1. Yaay!..you know you want to :o) Every girl needs a couple of cats and a couple of chickens minimum...I've only got a small garden but the girls love scratching around in it.I look forward to seeing them :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems all the rage now to have chickens. So many people I know are now talking chickens all the time.

    I don't think I could handle having them as from what I hear, they easily get sick and die. It would be too much for me to deal with.

    Good luck and hope your landlord will look the other way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh lovely! I want chickens - on my balcony??!! Happy chickening!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I used to have rescued battery hens - years ago - in fact, my first blog was about them - Days of our Chooks! They were lovely and I miss my girls!

    Sarah xxx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...