Monday, 3 June 2013

I smell a BBQ - how sad ........

Greetings,

Pottering about in the garden this evening,  I could smell a BBQ, but felt extremeley sad.

How nice it must be to ask friends/relatives/neighbours around to share a feast.  (and even nicer for them to turn up !)


I have a brand new BBQ not yet out of it's box, languishing sadly in the garage with no hope of seeing the light of day.  One of those 'half an oil drum' thingies, I had dreams of cooking up a BBQ storm, even bought a BBQ recipe book, but without friends/relatives/neighbours - what's the point ?

It must be nice to have someone who notices you have a pulse now and again.

I'll go back out now and enjoy the smells and sounds of people enjoying themselves, and might even be a 'nosey old fogey' and peep out of the window upstairs !!

By the way, if that's your BBQ/friends in the picture, sorry I've pinched it, if you have any objections let me know and I'll remove it.

take care peeps ..................





2 comments:

  1. I live across the pond in Canada otherwise would happily invite you for a BBQ. You should put it together and have a BBQ for yourself - be sure to buy a nice bottle of cider/beer/wine to go with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I moved into my house 11 years ago and the only one I really know in my neighborhood is my next door neighbor and she is seldom outside. I am fortunate that I have people that I am friends with from my former neighborhood that I lived in for 30 years are still nearby. The new people that I have in my life now are those who I have met through volunteer work and groups that I have joined.

    There are opportunities to meet people you have something in common with and are also looking to make friends. You just have to take a chance and put yourself out there. You will not regret it, and it is never too late.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...