Tuesday, 27 August 2013

Oh Dear - a wasted day ...........

Greetings,

First of all a big welcome to a new follower - Debra She Who Seeks, thank you for joining Debra, I hope you will find some stuff to interest you here as I am at your blog.

I don't have many followers, but I cherish the ones I do have - thank you all.

Anyway, so it has been a wasted day.  I hate waste of any kind, be it money, food, materials that can be recycled, or time.


I think it becomes more relevant as you get older, how precious time is.  When you are younger, you tend to put stuff off, you can always do it tomorrow, next week, next month or next year, but you don't have that luxury when your time clock starts to tick a little faster !

I had this 'rude awakening' when my parents died within 3 months of each other.  My own mortality hit me like a tank !  Since then I have been 'driven' and need everything done yesterday, it's a realisation that you don't have 'all the time in the world' and if you want to do 'things' then you had better shift your arse and get a move on !

My, this post is getting a bit heavy - moving swiftly on.

I'm just beginning to get orders for my craft items, I planned yesterday to get all the mundane stuff out of the way so I could spend today crafting - bliss.  But the powers that be had other plans, my sewing machine packed up !



Oh *+"/%^&+* !!  all my creative juices were spilling out onto the floor - not a pretty picture I know.

Sooo, cats fed and medicated, instruction book to hand, zillions of Googles on what to do, I finally got it !


After adjusting this, replacing that, going through the instruction book eleventy nine times, and finally bashing it with a hammer (OK that's not quite true - close though) it finally came together and is now whole again, which is more than can be said for me.

My poor old brain cell is so tired having to sort everything out and solve all lifes problems, so if you have a partner who knows the difference between a screwdriver and a pork pie - may I borrow him please ?  I promise I will treat him well, ply him with tea and chocolate hob nobs and return him in one piece !  cherish him ladies, he is worth his weight in gold !

So I am now totally drained and unable to achieve anything else today.  So I will show you some pics of my 'potted' garden which is feeding me very well thank you.  Actually it was my intention to do some tidying up outside today, but I need to lie down in a darkened room now and start afresh tomorrow.



Pics of my potted garden:

 
Some curly kale I planted in pots - should give me a few meals

 
Runner beans in pots

 
the tops of the same runner beans producing pods up the side of the garage
 

 
These are chick peas ! grown in pots in a conservatory pot holer

 
Here are my 'free' tomato plants, because last year I just chucked the old tomato plants into the compost bin, and this year they sprouted !

 
I'm short of space here, so when these beans reached the top of the canes, I didn't want to 'stop' them so I just 'laid' another cane across and rested it on the fence, hopefully it will reward me with more beans !

 
a bit of a mixture in here ..... non edible I think.
 
OK then, I'm off to catch up on the terrible news about Syria - not a cheerful note to end on, but we have to face it
 
take care peeps ..........
 
 
 
 




4 comments:

  1. I'm managing to grow some veg this year, for the first time in a long time and I'm loving it. I don't have a lot, mostly salad leaves, runner beans, green beans and courgettes, but it's lovely to be able to eat something every day that you have grown.
    I've also made a hanging garden like the one described here
    http://mortgagefreeinthree.com/2013/06/the-hanging-gardens-of-cupar/#more-7432
    I began it as an experiment, and also to see if I can grow things that the slugs can't attack - they've done a lot of damage this year, as usual.
    I grew salad, and also some flowers - trailing lobelia and fuchsia and it looks pretty. I'll definitely do it again next year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carrie, yes it's a great feeling isn't it just to go outside and gather what you need.
    I just had a quick ommelette for lunch, with three types of salad leaves, some rocket, a handful of peas just sliced in the pod, and some lovely little cherry tomatos.
    That link you have left isn't working for me -
    it sounds interesting as I've been investigating vertical gardening for next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wean, I love this post! Time is so very precious!! I think, why did I waste so much time when I was younger?? There is not enough time in a day to do all that I want to do! I love love love your garden!!I would let you borrow Poppy but you would have to listen to all those deer and turkey hunting stories, and about all the crazy people he works with! :) Hope you get lots of sewing done today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Henny penny, yes it takes a life changing event to make us realise we're not going to be around forever ! people around me are always telling me to 'slow down' and 'stop rushing about' but I don't want to slow down, there are so many things in life I want to do and I won't get them done sitting in front of the TV !!
    take care

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...