Tuesday, 10 September 2013

Frugal sweater from one ball of wool !

Greetings,

In between other stuff I'm working on at the moment, I decided to do some knitting, I haven't done any for a while because I pick up very reasonable sweaters for next to nothing from the boot sales, but I have so much wool, I've got to do something with it.

 
The info on the band has worn off because I've had it so long, in fact it's over 10 years, I'm always expecting to see similar stuff to mine on The Antiques Road Show !
 
Anyway I'm not using a pattern, it's going to be a plain sweater, the texture will do the talking with this yarn. I'm going to knit up to the armholes for front, back and sleeves, then see how much yarn there is left before deciding what to do next.
 

 
I like raglan sleeves because I have small shoulders and any other style always looks like it's hanging off me, so I'm hoping it's going to be a raglan/scoop neck style, but if there isn't enough wool, I may make into into a yolk design - I'll have to see.
 

 
It's knitting up beautifully, it's denim blue with smudgy greens and nubbles of white and black, a sort of mohair boucle.  I think it will be great with jeans.
 
I'll keep you posted on this.
 
I've had to bite the bullet re the caterpillars on my brassicas - I've tried washing them off the leaves, picking off leaves, but I can't win, so I've had to buy some systemic spray today, no choice, I'd have no 'greens' over winter if I didnt.
 
I'm also starting on two new crafts, more to come on that, I'm still at the experimental stage.
 
So quite a busy day, hope you are having a terrific Tuesday
 
take care peeps ............
 
 

4 comments:

  1. Oh Wean, how I wish I could knit. Can't wait to see your finished sweater. I just read your tutorial on making bread in a slow cooker and just may try that. It was fun just reading how to do it...you make me laugh!! I enjoy your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your lovely comments Henny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a beautiful color! Can\t wait to see it finished,

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Laurie,
    Yes it's a lovely smudgy mix - perfect for Autumn I think.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...