Monday, 4 November 2013

Just a quick post .........

Greetings ...........


I answered a query this morning on someone else's blog, and it occurred to me other people may benefit too.

The question was 'how to get rid of sticky residue from bottles' we all like to recycle and I'm sure this has stopped lots of recyclers from saving bottles/containers.

Anyway, it's turps, plain bog standard turps - just soak a rag and wipe it over the label/residue and it will come away, if you have stubborn labels, just do it again until it comes off.  Soak the containers well in hot soapy water afterwards to get rid of the smell and there you go.

take care peeps .............

2 comments:

  1. This is good to know. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi HP, I can't remember where I got this tip from, but before I knew about it, I used to have to throw out lovely bottles and containers that could have been recycled because I couldn't get rid of the sticky stuff no matter how I soaked and scrubbed.
    As you said, it's a good tip to know.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...