Thursday, 7 November 2013

Relief, extreme craftiness and a senior moment .........

Greetings,

Well what a relief !  I'm back on the road again, I have wheels, I'm mobile !  my lovely Honda Civic is fixed, thanks to SuperSon !!  (Thanks Superson!)

The tax was due at the end of October and I didn't renew it because I didn't know whether to, or to SORN it as the AA man told me the job could be expensive and it may be better to look for a new car (for overseas readers, SORN is what we have to do here in UK if our car is off the road. 


 

I'm pretty shattered though.  I've been catching up on stuff today, things that I couldn't do without my car i.e. picking up tablets from the vet for brother and sister : Lovely Leah and Superior Sopi.

 
They do have a hard life don't they in their electrically heated beds ??
 
Also I've been taking stuff to the tip (recycling centre) two items I sold on Ebay to the Post Office (will I ever get rid of my 'stuff' ?)  also shopping for heavy items, cat litter and a weeks supply of cat food and of course, queueing to tax the car !
 
So where's the 'extreme craftiness' I hear you ask - you may well ask !  I photographed lots of the items I'm making for the Christmas Craft Fairs I'm booked into, but I forgot to use the 'flash' on my camera, and all the pics came out dark !  (that's the senior moment!)  I'll do them again tomorrow - too tired now.
 
For the New Year I'm planning something entirely different - I'm really 'into' altered couture, refashioning and restyling clothes to give them a new and quirky life.  This really thrills me !

So hopefully I'll be back tomorrow with new pics - and oh by the way -  I am fully taxed and legal now !
 


8 comments:

  1. its always a good thing to be legal, I like the sound of whats coming up, altered clothing, is so much fun!Good for th environment too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laurie, I have loads of ideas spinning around in my head !

      Delete
  2. Thank gawd your car is back on the road and you can get more cat litter! As a servant to my cat, Her Royal Highness, I know how important that is!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debra, yes it was just beginning to get a tad 'awkward' to get around and get the heavy stuff, and a couple of vets visits had to be postponed, so I'm glad too !

      Delete
  3. Welcome to the Senior Moment Club! I am a senior member. Ha ha. JK. Bad joke, I know. I am glad you had some sales! Yaaaaay! Keep at it! I love the picture of the kitties on the chairs. Looks so cozy!! And I love hearing your British phrases. :)

    XO
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynn,
      yes, it's getting a trifle disconcerting now, the regularity of these 'senior moments' !!

      Delete
  4. In the USA, we know what it is like to be fully taxed also.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh how much better off would we all be if it weren't for the dreaded 'T' word ?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...