Tuesday, 31 December 2013

A Day early ...............

Greetings,

First a welcome to Penny and Tasmanian Minimalist (awesome name!) - glad to have you both here.

I keep thinking it's Sunday today - don't know why, the day has that 'Sunday' feeling.  Possibly the calm before the storm of 2014 roaring in tomorrow.

Anyway, I've been sorting out some stuff I've prepared to go on Etsy, I was going to do it tomorrow, but nothing to gain by waiting, so I'm going over there after I've written this to post some stuff.

What do you think ?



 
These are made from a piece of (unused) leftover kitchen worktop, with a paperback book with all the pages folded into the middle, then attached, stained with coffee, the sides are pieces of bathmat cut and stuck on with a hot glue gun, and genuine wooden vintage Scrabble tiles to finish.  A 100% recycled project to fit in with my Etsy theme.
 
I made these bracelets from seams and hems of vintage jeans, they close with velcro, and are decorated with vintage beads, buttons, string, ribbons and charms.  Again, all recycled, reclaimed etc.
 

 
I'll post some more pics of this stuff tomorrow.  I really must put some effort into the Etsy shop, it won't sell itself !
 
Yeserday was good, got a lot done.  Sopicat had his injection and Lady Leah also had a check up.  She will benefit from some capsules to help the stiffness in her legs apparantly, and the vet told me to buy them online as they are cheaper !  they don't say that very often, but they know I struggle sometimes to pay for all the treatment, so every little helps.
 
Will you be staying up tonight ?  I always inend to, but I know I won't make it.  If you are seeing the New Year in, I hope you have a good time, and would like to wish you all a remarkably happy 2014 - with everything you wish for yourselves and then some !
 
Thank you for visiting often and leaving comments, they mean a lot to me.
 
 
take care peeps .................. xxxxxxxxxx
 
 
 

10 comments:

  1. that is an amazing creation!!! I love it! Best wishes to you my new friend, I will stay up, no party or anything just Garry and I, quiet, just as we like, see you in the new year, best wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laurie - Happy New Year to you, you are an inspiration and I'm glad to have you as a regular visitor !

      Delete
  2. Love the bracelets, when I think how many jeans seams that I have disposed of I shudder. Clever you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try not to think what I've thrown out in the past that I could have made use of - I could cry ! Happy New to you.

      Delete
  3. Love the note holder, great recycling.
    Happy New Year, hope the cats don't get frightened by any loud fireworks x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dreamer - Happy New Year to you too.
      The cats are all fine, they don't go out so were safely tucked up in their electrically heated beds !

      Delete
  4. I really like the card holder. It looks antique! The bracelets are cute too! Have a happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Henny, I have lots more to photograph and get up yet, but time seems to elude me !

      Delete
  5. Hey! That's sweet. An official welcome. Love the upcycled crafts, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Penny - Happy New to You

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...