Thursday, 26 December 2013

Happy Boxing Day and thank you ............

Greetings,

Good morning - the sun is shining this morning even though it's cold.  I hope you all had a lovely day yesterday.
Before I waffle go any further, thank you for the comments you left yesterday, and welcome to the new follower.

Yesterday ended better than it started, with me in stitches of laughter actually, there were some good comedy programmes on the box last night, Mrs Brown - always a winner, Michael McIntyre had tears running down my face when he did the 'dentist' piece, such a funny man, and as I was wide awake after watching that, I stayed up for The Vicar of Dibbly, the one where Dawn French eats three Christmas dinners so she doesn't disappoint anyone.

Speaking of dinner, mine turned out very well, enough for at least three more servings with lots of veggies and gravy.  This isn't an actual picture of it, 'cos I forgot to photograph it as usual, but it's almost the same.


Thought you may like to see the stairs I have for Lady Leah 1.  I bought them for her (Sopicat has some too) because jumping up and down on the chair was getting a bit much for her.  In human years she is 126 !!  The leopard skin pattern bed is electrically heated by the way.

Wotcha looking at ?  I'm going to bed.
 

Hmm, should I sleep facing front or back ? 

 
Think I'm getting it now 

Settled at last, wake me up when dinner is ready Mummy.
You can see another electrically heated bed at the side of the chair - my cats live in the lap of luxury.

Anyway, I cleared the conservatory yesterday and am very pleased with the result, can't believe I found enough space to leave my sewing machine up all the time.  It was getting on my nerves having to keep on putting it away every day, you sort of lose track of what you are doing.

 
Of course it's not going to stay this clear for long, not when I've got my assorted fabrics, ribbons, pins, needles etc. etc., all over the place, but a tidy workspace is a sign of - no work ??  Good job you can't see it from another angle, i.e. what is behind me - well I had to put the stuff somewhere didn't I ?  I had a new but unwanted kitchen cabinet door given to me, so I have used that as a firm base, it will also protect the table which is antique.
 
On the dressmakers dummy, is a 'work in progress' a piece of 'altered couture', which I will show you if it turns out well, but not if it doesn't !
 
So that's it for today, please forgive my sentimental waffling yesterday, things just got to me a bit - but your kind comments helped.  Thank  you.
 
take care peeps .............

7 comments:

  1. Cats can never have too much pampering! They deserve it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure do Debra, they're my permanent companions.

      Delete
  2. Please don't ask for forgiveness for yesterday - if we are your friends, which I hope we are, then we are the ones to speak out to when things are good, or bad, or overwhelming. That's what friends are for. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very kind Carrie - thank you.
      xxx

      Delete
  3. Wending my way from link to link, I happily happened upon "here" and just wanted you to know I enjoyed reading the couple of posts I've taken in so far. Added to my blog roll reading list!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello and welcome Penny - I glad you happened along !
    Thank you for your kind words and for adding me to your reading list, I hope you will come back soon.
    take care

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...