Wednesday, 25 December 2013

I'm coping ... just

Greetings,

Warning - RED ALERT - self indulgent waffle.

Well it's Christmas morning - I resisted the temptation to say 'Here it is - Merry Christmas' !  and I hope you and your families are having a great time.

I'm certainly with you in spirit, hearing the childrens squeals of delight, listening to the Christmas music, watching over the dinner and enjoying the smells, stopping the cats from sneaking into the kitchen and helping themselves, clearing away the wrapping paper, etc. etc.,  and of course, waiting for what seems forever before the kiddies finally go to sleep before 'delivering' the presents to the bottom of the bed.

All memories now, but I'm coping ... just.


I wish all of my children and grandchildren a wonderful and happy time even though I won't be seeing them, they're all busy with their own lives, but I'll cope ........ just.

I've been up quite early, watching the houses over the road to see who puts their lights on first and starts the fun.  Not nosey - just envious I guess.

I remember when I was very little, there was a programme on the radio called 'Two Way Family Favourites', those of you of a 'certain age' in the UK will remember this, HM Forces overseas wrote in (yes they actually used a pen and wrote!) and families in the UK did the same, to get their choice of record played for their loved ones.  The theme tune was 'With a Song in My Heart'. 
This tune is going round and round in my head today, but with a change i.e. 'With an Ache in my Heart' - but I'm coping ... just.

I have made up my mind, next year, I will volunteer, probably an animal shelter/charity.  I'm sure they will be glad of an extra pair of hands, and I'll make some new four legged friends I'm sure.


Anyway, now that's out of my system, I'm going to try to organize a small sewing space for my machine and bits and pieces.  I've had to put a stop to my creative urges recently because of lack of space, but I think I may be able to squeeze all my stuff into the conservatory.  It'll keep me busy while my lovely veggie layer pie is cooking anyway.
I'll post some pics soon if it works.

OK I'm off now, and if you are lonely/sad enough to be reading this on Christmas morning too, then I send you loads of virtual hugs, lets keep our chins up peeps ....... after all, it's only one day, and we'll cope .......... just. 

(and I'll be back tomorrow to annoy ya'll)










13 comments:

  1. Keep you chin up mrs..... Don't enjoy the hype. Best gift this Xmas was some seeds I received from Sweden on Christmas Eve from the optician in sveavagen. Sadly I was made redundant from the optical lab in Blackburn Lancashire as the business was sold on.. Bjorne was a client that I got on with well and was touched to receive this simple but usefull gift. Enjoy reading your blog, experiences and wisdoms. Take care ladyxxx.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best bud I ever had was my lab.... Dogs rock dude. Glad you think so too

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello CS, thank you for your comments and for stopping by.
      Seeds really are a thoughtful gift, the gift that keeps on giving ?
      take care

      Delete
  3. Sending you a big internet hug! Tomorrow will be a brighter day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Debra, it IS better today, and I'm all fired up to get some crafty work done.
      Have a good Boxing day .........

      Delete
  4. Oh I feel for you. Our children are all elsewhere today and my marriage is of the kind that I am lonelier here than I would be alone. Volunteering would be a good plan for next year - you will have a focus for the day and be with others.
    I am focusing on getting through the day with nice food, a good book and anything worth watching on TV - Downton Abbey later YAY!! and thinking that at least there are no squabbles to cope with.
    Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day :-)
    {{{{HUGS}}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carrie, I can sooo identify with your comment about being lonelier in a marriage than alone - that is the worst kind of marriage. I hope things work out for you in the future.
      xxx

      Delete
  5. It's nearly over now.........hope you're ok, take care and hugs from me too xxx
    PS I would love a sewing space of my own xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Trudy, thank you for your kind words and thoughts.
      I have managed to 'create' a sewing space and will be posting pics later.
      take care

      Delete
  6. Alone too but will make the best I can out of it. Good food, my little dog Daisy and something on the telly to knit to. Your idea of volunteering is a good one, I think I will look into to something as well. Happiness is a choice and I choose to be happy.....thinking of you and sending happy thoughts ...from Vancouver Island Canada

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Cripplewing, sounds good to me ! animal companionship, good programmes on the TV, good food and knitting !
      Thank you so much to your comments and reading my blog.
      take care

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...