Monday, 2 December 2013

Morning Gossip .............

Greetings,

It's quite early as I write this, just coming up to 6.30 am.  I'm an early riser though, I hate lying in bed once my eyes are open - such a waste of time/life.  When you get older you become so aware of time racing by, so every minute has to used to the best advantage.



So anyway, I weighed myself this morning, Tuesdays have become 'weigh days' because I started dieting cutting back on a Tuesday and I think once a week weigh-in is quite enough.

I'm certainly not grossly overweight, only 8 lbs and a size 12, but those 8 lbs have settled right around my middle and have got to go !  I'm doing a steady loss of 2 lbs a week, and am half way there having lost 4 lbs in two weeks.  Not so much a diet really, more common sense, not eating rubbish and increasing fruit and veggies.  I have found that the less you have to lose, the harder it is to lose it.

I've decided on a camera using a very scientific method - stick a pin in a page with lots of pics on.  So the one I've ordered isn't green - horror ! it's a sort of deep red, and it's a bridge camera, i.e. a size up from the usual compact type.  I thought I'd have something more substantial this time, as I'll be doing lots of photos of stuff to sell, so a more professional look will be better than my usual grainy efforts.


Do you Freegle/Freecycle ?  I do it all the time and it saves me a small fortune.  Yesterday was such a delight, I answered an 'offer' for two bags of padded envelopes and more packing, perfect for my needs, and as I was the first to answer I got them.  The address wasn't far away, and it turned out to be a charming young lady who 'does' craft fairs - well, we chatted for over an hour which is lovely for me as I don't see many folks, and promises to keep in touch, see each other on the 'circuit' next year and may even travel together to save expenses.  That really perked me up.

I'm off now to cram as much into this day as possible

take care peeps ...............




7 comments:

  1. This could have been my post! I can relate to everything you said! Ten pounds is my goal...and I am trying to eat more fruits and vegetables. All ten pounds need to come off from around my middle. Plus, I am 2 inches shorter than when I was younger!! :( I enjoy all your posts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Henny, you must stop walking so much - you are obviously wearing your legs down !
      I love your blog too - so individual !

      Delete
  2. How nice that you made a new friend. That definitely was a good day to get up and about.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Debra, I needed confirmation that I'd done the right thing - it didn't come cheap. Now just to get down to reading the instructions - ugh !

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...