Saturday, 21 December 2013

One ball sweater finished, and a thank you to Sainsburys .....

Greetings,

Remember this:

http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID=8177995200253749008#editor/target=post;postID=3384687112994453023;onPublishedMenu=posts

Well here is the finished article:

 
It's got to be pressed, I've only just finished sewing it up.  I think it would be great with jeans, or just as good with skirts.  I don't know whether to leave it plain, or it could be dressed up like this :
 

 
 
These are a couple of crocheted flowers I made.  They could have a safety pin attached I suppose, so the flowers can be positioned anywhere on the sweater.  I have a bag of different sorts of flowers, I hate sitting still and not doing anything (the devil makes work for idle hands) so when I don't have time or energy to start a big project, I make a flower or two, there's always uses for them.
 
Well I've realised I just don't need another sweater, I only started this one in an attempt to make a dent in my yarn stash - I can pick up lovely almost new/new sweaters from car boot sales for pennies, so I think I'll put this one in the shop for sale.  I have been neglecting the shop recently, note to self :  must do better !
 
A nice surprise came from Sainsbury's yesterday, a voucher for £7.50 - that's a good amount for free !
 
 
I thought there must be a catch somewhere, i.e. I had to spend about £50 in order to get the £7.50 off, but no, this is a 'no catch' offer.  There are two more vouchers on the bottom for £5 off if you spend £40, but I'm not likely to do that as my shopping consists largely of yellow-stickered reductions.  I can get a lot of those for £7.50, and they've also been handing out double point vouchers like they're going out of fashion, so I'll benefit from using one of those as well - win win !
 
So 'well done Sainsbury's' say I, imagine how much they have given away if everyone who has a store card has had this offer ? 
 
take care peeps ...........
 

1 comment:

  1. The sweater looks great! I would leave it plain and just dress it up with jewelry -- necklaces, brooches, etc. -- or a nice scarf when occasion demands it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...