Sunday, 5 January 2014

Did you know I used to be a Streetwalker ?

ha - I thought that would get your attention - !!

Greetings,

Well it's sort of true, here is the story.

I had got all 'dolled up' to go to a show in my nearest City, I went on a coach and met my daughter at the theatre.  Everything went well, we both went back to the bus station, waiting for different buses, hers came along first and after assuring her I would be fine, she got on and went home.  It would be just after midnight, and the city is a scary place to be.

 
Well my bus, the last one, didn't turn up - panic ensued.  I was in a dark dismal bus station, (no mobile phones then) and didn't know where to go and what to do.  So I ended up visiting every all night seedy cafe I could find, just to get off the streets and into the light with a warm drink.  How I survived without being mugged (or worse) I will never know !
 
I went to the local police station, explained my plight, but the WPC didn't believe me (don't know why not).  I asked her if I could just sit in the waiting area until first light until the first bus was due, but she refused, and I had to continue walking the streets until dawn.  I have never been so scared in my life.  These days I think I would have sued that WPC - but it was a long time ago, and that sort of thing wasn't done then.
 
So you see peeps, I once was a streetwalker - true !
 
take care ...............

8 comments:

  1. that police officer should have been fired! I take it wasn't a ummm , profitable evening on the street, lol!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Laurie - you're very wicked !!
      if it had been these days I would have taken her and the force to the cleaners ! I'd have made sure every paper in the country had news of it and the TV stations ! in those days you didn't take on the police ! the least she could have done was directed me to an all night shelter I think.
      Even now it gives me the 'heeby jeebies' just thinking about how I got through that night.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I remember walking along Corporation Street (it was Birmingham) and seeing a fox !

      Delete
  3. A scary experience! Glad it ultimately turned out well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since then I don't like being 'out' in the dark alone.

      Delete
  4. How awful! I would have been so afraid too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never stopped shaking all night !

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...