Tuesday, 13 May 2014

Life Hurts Doesn't It ... ?

I just heard from my friend that her beloved long-haired German Shepherd dog has passed away.

I read a lot of posts about losing a much loved pet, and it applies to me also.  The pain is almost unbearable, and if you have had to have your pet put to 'sleep' then the guilt can be too much to bear.

Our pets give us so much, unconditional love, they don't care if we aren't fashionable, are in a bad mood or even if we don't wash occasionally, they still love us.  We could learn a lot from them.



RIP Isla - you beautiful girl.

8 comments:

  1. My beloved fur baby, my kitty Miss Minga will soon be 22 and I live each day in fear. My heart is already breaking. I don't know how I am going to handle what I know is coming.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am in the same situation, Sopicat and Lady Leah1 are almost 20 - I daren't let my thoughts wander !

      Delete
  2. I couldn't agree more....hugs to all our departed companions xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They leave such a huge gap in our lives, it's difficult to cope.

      Delete
  3. Perfectly said. We lost our kitty Sydney, just after Christmas, he was 19. It's as painful as losing a relative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree, for me it has always been worse - some people may not understand that.

      Delete
  4. Such a beautiful dog!
    Animals have such a way of getting to the parts of us that we don't let other people see, we can be completely vulnerable to them and we know they will not betray our trust or confidences. So when they leave us it is like losing a part of ourselves xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right.
      It hurts so much.
      Thank you

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...