Tuesday, 20 May 2014

The Innocence of the Children ...

 
This morning I drove past the local primary school.  A small boy was running ahead of his Mother towards his friends at the school gate.  I don't think I will every forget his little face.  It was lit up with anticipation, enthusiasm and hope.
 
I suddenly felt sad for him, because no doubt he will have to endure all the pain, sadness and emotional turmoil that life throws at all of us.
 
I couldn't help thinking how lovely it would be if we as adults went around with such lovely expressions on our faces, but it's not by accident that as we get older and life has kicked us about a bit as they say, that we don't smile much anymore.
 
I hope life is kind to him ... he made my day !
 
 
 




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...