Tuesday, 20 January 2015

A Bit of a Scare Last Night ...

I was watching Corrie last night, and felt an ache in my wrist, I didn't think anything of it, after all these things happen don't they ?
As time went on, I became aware that the pain had spread up to my elbow, it was getting more severe as it hit my shoulder and neck.


I took some painkillers, the pain was awful.  I hadn't lifted anything heavy or done any repetitive work like pruning or crochet etc.,
I really could have cried with the pain, and by now I was convinced I was going to have a heart-attack !  -  it was my left arm.

It took the tablets one hour and 10 minutes to kick in, I couldn't lift my arm at all and waited for the impending attack.

I must have dropped off eventually, I awoke this morning with relief, at least I was still alive ! with no signs of pain or discomfort.  Very strange.

I can only think it may have been a trapped nerve, it was on the side I always lie in bed.

Just in case there is a heart attack coming on - it's been nice knowing you ...

13 comments:

  1. So happy to read all is well, unexplained sudden aches and pains is often alarming.
    About the picture on the sidebar of my blog it is in the lovely village of Rockingham, a link to it's origin and photographer is accessed by clicking on the picture.
    I have a dear friend who lives in Shrewsbury, Shropshire, in a wonderful old manor house.
    Thank you for popping by my blog and introducing yourself.
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi and thank you for your reply. It's not the house I thought I new, but is certainly like it.
      I love Shrewsbury, and am only a few minutes drive away - a lovely old town.

      Delete
    2. The house is Lower Lythwood Hall on Bayston Hill. Maybe you know of it.
      ~Jo

      Delete
  2. That would be scary. I'm glad all is OK. I slept with my arm twisted up one night and woke with some pain like that. I was worried all day long.

    Stay alert though if you feel like it's coming back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the advice, I'll definitely bear it in mind - it was scary !

      Delete
  3. It could be RSI. I get it sometimes. As well as those painkillers I have a wrist brace so as to be prepared. If it comes back again consider this as it could be helpful x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you LG, it's never happened before, so I'll look in to that so I am prepared if it happens again - it was certainly painful - like a migraine in the arm !

      Delete
  4. Pleased to hear you are ok, its always a worry when you are on your own. Lets hope it dosent return.
    Take care :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dawn, you're right, it's worse when you are alone and of course in the early hours of the morning everything seems bleak.

      Delete
  5. Glad you are feeling ok, if it comes back, get to the doctors asap x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SL, I will certainly be monitoring it.

      Delete
  6. That would have scared me too. I'm glad you woke up with the pain gone and feeling better. Take care Wean.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Henny. I'm very fortunate with my health, so when something like that happens, it's a bit unnerving.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...