Tuesday, 13 January 2015

Anyone tried the 5:2 diet ... ?

I've been reading a lot just lately about the latest diet craze i.e 5:2.  Apparantly you cut right back on your calorie intake for just two days, whilst still eating healthily and eat normally (but not in excess) for the other 5 days.  It's not compulsory either  that you become a sweaty wreck by working out a gym, which sealed it for me !



I think this is do-able, even more so when you realise the two diet days do not have to be consecutive, which makes it less stressful.

I don't have a lot to lose, about 5 lbs, but when you realise that's the equivalent of walking around with over 2 bags of sugar around your waist, it has to go !

Women of 'a certain age' have a hard time losing this 'middle age spread' because nature puts it there for a reason we are told i.e. to protect the internal organs in later life.  Well I think I'd sooner shed the extra weight and protect my internal organs myself thank you very much.

So anyway, I will give it a go, actually I've started this morning by having two boiled eggs for breakfast, that's about 200 calories (I have up to 800 to play with).  I will have half a tin of tuna for lunch with some side salad, and some steamed veggies for tea with a little cheese on top.  (It's important to have some protein with each meal).  I should come in under target.

I know losing weight ultimately depends on how much food you put in your mouth, but with this 'old womans fat' around the middle, I think nature needs a little  help to get rid of it.

I'll let you know how I get on.  If the blurb is to be believed, I should shed this in less than a month.
We shall see ........

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...