Sunday, 22 February 2015

Busy Hands ...

First of all welcome to a  new follower - Gill - that British Woman, thanks for joining Gill, hope you find some things of interest here.
                             
*******
 
I've been catching up on crafting whilst having my tiny entitlement from the NHS.

This is stuff I've made for my Etsy shop, I'll get it put on later or tomorrow, I have about as much energy as a limp lettuce right now.  I enjoy the designing and making process, but then tend to leave stuff waiting to be made up because I want to get started on the next item, so I've always got a plastic box of finished  things putting pressure on me !

 
scarves, legwarmers, wristwarmers etc.,
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
This is something new for me.  It's yarn/twine made from handspun fabric strips for use in embroidery projects, couching etc.,  I'm also working on some wristwarmers/texting gloves in a new (to me) crochet technique which I love but it is time consuming.  I have finished one and will show you pics when both are done.
 
Do you have an Etsy shop ?  do you sell your craft work ?  I'd love to know what you do and if it works for you.  It's well known that craft workers never really get a fair price for their work.  Crafting takes a lot of time and the items would be ridiculously overpriced if we worked out the prices per hour.  I did that once and it turned out I was working for 20p an hour !  It's more a way of  expressing creativity I think than making money.
 
Let me know what you do.
 
That's it for today, hope you are having a better weekend than me.
 

1 comment:

  1. cute model there...LOL I do craft a little on making a baby quilt at the moment, should have more done on it this week, fingers crossed!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...