Monday, 2 February 2015

It's Viral Pnuemonia ...

I'm not surprised, I have been playing down the symptoms somewhat, after all there's nothing more boring than someone rabbiting on about their symptoms is there ?

Two visits to the hospital, one to the doctor and one ex-ray.
I declined their invitation for a few days 'inside' i.e. the hospital.  I can't leave my cats.

I'm not happy about the medications I've received though, I'm not a pill-popper and after reading through the list of 'side effects' and 'warnings' I very much doubt if I shall be taking them all, I will take my chances with anti-biotics I think.  It made me wonder if in some cases it's the disease that kills or the medications.
 I've also been given one of those 'things' that asthmatics have, like a plastic container that you squirt some liquid in and breathe it in, that's to open the airways.

 On a lighter note, I've had to smile, I was lying down with my hands across my middle and found that if I exert a little pressure, I  can sound like one of those teddy bears that growl when you press their  tummies - I found that quite funny, well you've got to laugh haven't you.

The noise I'm normally making when breathing, is like a loud creaking - think old door opening and you've got it.

Thank you for your good wishes, I really do appreciate them all, forgive me for not thanking you personally but I'm a little tired, and hopefully I'll be back to annoy you all very soon.

I have to say I have received the best of attention from the NHS, no delays, I was treated with the utmost respect.  I will never believe a negative report about the NHS again.
xxx

6 comments:

  1. Oh Wean you are sick! You take care. I hope you're feeling better today.
    I feel the same as you about medicines. I'm afraid of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh heck, I had a dose of that, much to my surprise last autumn. I had to spend a couple of nights in hospital on a drip. Really nasty thing. Takes ages to get really well again so take care. Don't do anything to energetic for several weeks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're feeling better soon - take care and rest up a while, it takes time to get over something as serious as that xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you can start feeling better soon, now you know what you are dealing with.
    My daughter has had this illness a few months ago, thankfully it didn't get any worse and she was able to overcome it.
    Rest, rest, rest.
    Healing wishes to you dear lady.
    ~Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have been having similar issues here. It takes a long time to get through this. The antibiotics help, I think.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's horrid I had bacterial pneumonia a few years back. Knocked me for six.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...