Monday, 23 February 2015

Oh dear, such sad news today ...


My lovely vet who I call 'Saint Stephen' is on 'long term sick leave'  -  reading between the lines, and gleaning bits of information from the girls in the surgery, it is clear, Stephen is very sick indeed.
 Please God, help this wonderful man who spends his life helping our much loved pets
 
The above is part of a post I made in 2013.  I had to take Sopicat and Lady Leah 1 to the vet today and was told very kindly that Stephen had passed away.  I am gutted.
 
Without  his compassionate care I wouldn't have my cats now.  My new vet,  Mike, is straight out of the same mould, and does everything he can to help animals, he keeps my lot going.
 
I am lucky to have had these two guys to care for my feline family.
 
I am honoured to have been asked if I want to go to  his memorial service.
 
Rest in Peace Stephen.
 

8 comments:

  1. that's sad news. Please give my condolences to his family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's very kind of you Gill - I certainly will.

      Delete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear that. It's easy to love a good, special kind of Vet who takes care of our sick animals. They are like saints. I used to tell the girls at our vet's office that I was in love with Dr. Davis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true Henny, the world has lost a real saint in Stephen.

      Delete
  3. Aww, so sorry. Sending warm thoughts across the miles. I believe people who devote themselves to helping sick animals has a most special place in the afterlife. I hope he is surrounded in heaven by animals giving him all sorts of kisses as thanks for all he did for them.

    Hugs to you as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you 1st Man, that's exactly what I believe too. I imagine him being 'met' by all his grateful 'patients' to welcome him 'home'.
    thank you for visiting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry to hear about your kindly vet's passing. It is good to know that he did so much for animals in his life. He had a life well lived.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jenny, he won't be forgotten for his work that's for sure.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...