Thursday, 12 March 2015

I missed it - I'm gutted ... !

I don't believe it !  I missed the one show I would give my right arm to attend (well almost).
 
First let me say, I absolute adore Alpacas
 
 
When I had my smallholding (homestead) I was on the verge of getting one or three when I had to leave.  It's been my ambition since to get back to the country and have some of these little beauties.
Sooooo, whilst I am waiting for my dream to come true, I'm always surfing about them on the web, learning how to spin the fibre, and drooling everytime I see a picture like the one above.
 
Imagine my horror then, when the weekly local rag just fell through the door and the main article was about how successful the Alpaca show was, not only in my town, but within walking distance !  yes - ******** walking distance. 
 
WHERE WAS THE ADVERTISING ... ?
 
I'm going away now to  cry, I may be some time .....
 

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. apparently it was here last year as well, but I had no idea

      Delete
  2. I just hate finding out about something after it's happened.Maybe it will be a regular annual thing so you can go next year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh no, there was an Alpaca show last year too, so hopefully you can catch it next year. Bit of a long wait though :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I gathered that from the write up in the Journal, but I pass the centre where it was held several times a week and there was no advertising there at all

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. certainly is, especially when it is only half a mile away !

      Delete
  5. Oh no your how to find out and maybe attend next time. I did a walk in January with my mum for her 70th birthday it was a trek through the Worcestershire countryside with Alpaca's it was wonderful my parents live in Tenbury Wells and that's where it was. We all had one each and they are the most gentle creatures ever. Its my dream to, to own some. They are baby ones there to and they were so sweet. I hope you are able to find when the next show is on. dee x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds like a delightful day out.
      Tenbury Wells isn't that far from me, what was the name of the company/farm ?

      Delete
  6. if you are ever over this way you can come and spend a day with my woolly wonders to make up for it, contact the organizers and ask to be put on the mailing list for future events :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooooh Dawn, put the kettle on, I'm on my way !
      seriously, I would love to come over and see your Alpacas, (and you too of course) I'm in Shropshire, so it would make a lovely day for me.
      Perhaps when the weather has improved we can sort something out ? thank you.
      I've watched your video this morning of the alpacas having breakfast - lovely.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...