Friday, 20 March 2015

Look at these fantastic bargains ... (with Sopicats permission !)

I got two fantastic buys from the charity shops yesterday, it's almost as if I'd put my order in, they're two things I've been thinking about buying and they both 'presented themselves' yesterday.
Sopicat says I can show them to you as long as it doesn't take too long  because he wants feeding.


Hurry up - I know you've got fish in the cupboard and I want it !!

 
I said 'HURRY UP'
 
Well I was actually on my way to buy a new frying pan, my old one has long since given up the ghost so I binned it, knowing I had to get one asap.  I have to walk past a charity shop to the 'frying pan shop' and I had made up my mind not to visit any more for a while (oh yeah ) because I'm trying to get rid of 'stuff' not keep on bringing it in.
 
However, an invisible hand reached out and pulled me in and what was the first thing I saw ?
 
 
 
I couldn't believe my eyes and grabbed them quick.  They were being sold as a set and as you can see are in virtually 'unused' condition.  I've since checked online the prices of these and on Ebay as well, and they would have cost me new £69.00 ! well I could never afford that, but guess how much I paid for the three of them ?  go on - have a guess - £3.00 for the three  !!!!!  there's a standard frying pan, a square griddle pan and a deep 'wok' style pan - brilliant.
 
So as if that wasn't good enough, I got another fantastic bargain.  I had to go and pay some bills at the bank, and there are several charity shops close by, that invisible hand got me again, and this time I got these :
 
 
Woo hoo - 'Head' walking boots in fantastic condition.  Just a little dried mud which I will remove with a dry brush.
 
 
  Look at the soles, I reckon they were only worn once.
 
 
 Check out the price tag - £3.00 again - !!!  I've wanted some for ages, the trainers I wear for walking aren't strong enough and I always end up with sore feet.   Another reason I had to have them - they have green on them - forgone conclusion !   I checked the price of these as well and they would have cost upwards of £44.00. What a lucky day.
 
Better go now, I'm being mugged by Sopicat.
 

12 comments:

  1. I agree there was a reason you had to go out today and those photos show us why. Great deals, well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find that happens a lot - I just get 'drawn' to a particular shop and there's something special in there !

      Delete
  2. Great bargains, lucky you, you saved alot of money there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I certainly did, I would never buy those things at their proper prices.

      Delete
  3. Serendipity, one of my favourite words, the sun was certainly shining in your direction today. Fingers crossed that it keeps on for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Pam. It certainly cheered me up !

      Delete
  4. Wean, you did good! Don't you love it when you find exactly what you were needing. Sorry I've been behind lately. I've just caught up with your posts. Your raggy project turned out so pretty! I never would have guessed it was a top. That looks so complicated to make. Sweet little Sopicat. Hope he got his fish.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Henny, I know how you feel - I've been meeting myself coming back just lately too.
      Sopicat got his fish OK - I wouldn't dare refuse him !!
      Thanks for popping in.

      Delete
  5. How good to be in just the right place at the right time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes it feels great doesn't it ? I'm well pleased.

      Delete
  6. What great and useful bargains! I just bought a pretty useless little 50's-ish table with zebras on, I never seem to find useful stuff! (The table was only £2 though, the ladies in the shop looked shocked someone wanted to buy it!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds unusual to me so that's got to be good.
      I like things that are 'different' too.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...