Sunday, 26 April 2015

Filling the freezer with meals made with reduced ingredients ...

I have to say first of all, that I just phoned the vet hospital and Sopicat has eaten, his breathing has much improved and he is sitting up and taking notice - I'm so relieved.

I got these bargains before the weekend, I've made loads of veggie stew and put it in the freezer, there's another two slow cookers full and working their magic as I speak.  There's loads of meals here.  I will add spices when I reheat them, some will become vegetable curries, some will be pasties or pies, some will be blitzed as used as a rich sauce or gravy, all for pennies !


5 x packs of prepared sprouts - 2p per pack !


Ready prepared carrots - also 2p per pack !
 
Look at this selection of sandwiches for 10p per pack

 
I've been living on these while Sopi has been away from home, I didn't feel like cooking
 
Here are some chicken 'wrap' thingies, I don't usually buy these but wasn't going to walk past them at 10p each.
 
 
and for pudding - a rhubarb pie for 10p.  I've been having this with yoghurt, reduced of course, I got a pack of 6 for 10p - Muller Light.

  

13 comments:

  1. Huge weight off your mind to hear that Sopicat is recovering well. You've got the most amazing bargains, well done! What time was it when you picked those up.....I'm guessing it must have been not long before the shop closed?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes Sooze, the relief is tremendous.
    I go to the supermarket one hour before closing. Sometimes I get nothing, but sometimes I do very well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fingers crossed that your puss cat keeps getting better. HUGE bargains they just don't do that around here :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi SSS, thanks for stopping by. I never have to worry about being able to eat well, but the vet's bills are a different matter !

      Delete
  4. I'm glad sopicat is improving. You've got some fantastic bargains there. Our supermarket never has such good reductions. Lovely to discover your blog. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Summerdays, I'm glad you like the blog, thank you for taking the time to comment.

      Delete
  5. glad to hear Sopicat is improving. I cannot believe how cheap those things are, it would have been criminal to pass them over. Glad you are making good use of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wouldn't believe how cheap they are either if I didn't see it !

      Delete
  6. You got some wonderful bargains!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda, thanks for visiting. I just popped over and joined your blog, looking forward to reading through it.

      Delete
  7. You got some wonderful bargains!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic bargains, you lucky lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, and this time there wasn't even any competition for them ! so I helped myself as you see.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...