Sunday, 26 April 2015

Update on Sopicat and an explanation of his name ...

First, welcome to 'Sooze' who joined recently.
                                  
                               **************************************************

I phoned late last night to check on Sopi's condition.  There was all sorts of treatments going on, he was having fluids, and 'steam treatment'  to help him breathe and anti-biotics, but he was 'holding his own.
This morning I phoned again and his breathing is much improved, the nurse said he has drunk some water and was looking through the animal cage bars with interest !  this was like being told I've just won the lottery.
He has more procedures and observation to come, he may be coming home tomorrow, but for now I feel a huge dark cloud has lifted sufficiently to clear my mind enough to get one or two jobs done and go for a walk later.


Thank you so much for your comments and good wishes for Sopicat - you are such an understanding lot !

One of the emails I had was asking me how Sopi got such an unusual name.

For years he was registered at the vet as 'Soapy' - which gave rise to his nickname - 'Suds' - !

Also he has been listed as 'Sophie'.

'Sopi' came about because many, many years ago (before digital cameras !)  I had two black and white cats, one very aloof and was called 'Superior Sooty' who lived to be 19 years, and Pretty Pixie, a tiny dainty little girl who also lived a long life.  One day I will get some of these old photographs scanned in and posted.

When Sopicat was brought to me, along with his sister Lady Leah 1, I couldn't think of a name for him, probably because at the time I was running an animal rescue centre and had over 200 rabbits ! plus sheep, goats, chickens, ducks and anything else that turned up wanting a home or had been mistreated,  so you can imagine, where names were concerned, my brain  had run out of ideas.

However, I took the first two digits of SOoty and PIxie in rememberance of them and came up with Sopi - I don't know how the 'cat' bit got stuck onto the end, just one of my silly moments I suppose, and it has stayed with him ever since.

I got some bargains before Sopicat was taken ill, I'll post about them later.

2 comments:

  1. So glad that Sopicat has turned the corner and hope that he's back home with you tomorrow xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Trudie, he's at the very best pet hospital - I'm hoping to bring him home tomorrow evening. He really was very poorly, hardly able to breathe. The staff are wonderful.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...