Wednesday, 27 May 2015

A mountain of bargains ... !

First welcome to Homemaker Tales, nice to have you here, and Weekend-Windup, I hope you find some things of interest.

        **************************************************************************

Well I excelled myself the other evening.  I never know if I'm going to get anything reduced when I do my tour of the local supermarkets, it's unusual though, to come away with nothing, but this haul was over and above.

 
 
There's far too much stuff to photograph and list individually here, to name just a few there's prepared veggies, carrots, greens, butternut squash, swede, mixed peppers and more, all for 10p, there's ready made sandwiches for 5p and 10p, lovely prepared salads with sauces included for 10p, wraps with chicken and sauces for 10p, prepared fruits for 2p, fantastic boxes of chili cheese for 10p a large box (Ikg) bread and cakes in the freezer for 2p and 10p, and around 2 pounds of corned beef, (in weight) split into 5 packs for 5p a pack !  imagine all the meals I can make with that.
 
This was yesterdays dinner
 
 
A chicken salad with dressing and a 'side' of stir fry veggies, also 10p, pudding was some pineapple pieces for 2p, I only used half of that, and topped with reduced own-brand yoghurt, and with the money I saved I treated myself to some wine.  My friend joined me in this bounty, and I was able to give away some of my bargains, at those prices I could afford to be generous.
 
This was lunch, got this the wrong way round, but never mind ...
 
 
More healthy salad this time with a bread roll, reduced of course.
 
This is why I NEVER meal plan.  I never know what I'm going to get when I go shopping, whatever I get is what I eat and I plan my meals only after I've done the shopping and gone through what I've got.  I realise not everyone can do this because of commitments, just saying, this works for me, and meal planning would be too expensive an option.
 
Anyway, I've got loads of salads, anyone wanna come for lunch ?
 
 

11 comments:

  1. I'm impressed, why would anyone pay full price?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice Haul. Here the best we ever get is 1/2 off original price. Still nothing to turn down though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. half price is better than full price !

      Delete
  3. I do! Good gosh! I would love to go shopping with you! Those meals look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll send you some salads over the pond Henny - can't guarantee the condition of them when they arrive though - ha ha - hope you are better.

      Delete
  4. I have just discovered your blog from a comment you kindly left on mine and it is brilliant! Wow, such bargains! I have never found anything reduced to pennies in the supermarkets, perhaps I go too early? I am slowly back -reading your posts. They are wonderful, thank you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello PP, thank you for your very kind words - I like your name !

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow thats amazing, We want to try and live off yellow sticker bargains when we move and are nearer to the big supermarkets.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi HT, yes it's a trade-off - living in the countryside is great but has its disadvantages, one of them being you aren't close enough to main supermarkets to pop out and 'nab' those bargains.

      Delete
  7. Hello! Here from John's blog. I love a yellow sticker bargain but I think currently you must be the World Champion!! That haul is impressive!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...