Wednesday, 6 May 2015

Small things lift the spirits ...

Sometimes when 'life is kicking you about a bit' it's hard to find a reason to smile, problems can seem so heavy it's difficult to lift your head and raise a smile.

We have to work our way through them though, the only alternative is to give up, to sink and lose  hope.

I find gardening, on however small a scale always helps, even if it's only pottering about a bit, or sowing some seeds in plastic bottles, it's something to do with getting back to nature, realising that our problems are a tiny speck in the great scheme of things.

So this is where I am right now, problems and hurt to deal with, but still hanging on tight to the future dream.  It's not as if I haven't been there and done it all before, but it still hurts just as much however many times you have to 'sort your life out'.

My 'propagator' is working well, (recycled fish tank)   I've positioned my 'daylight' lamp over it, but I'm not sure it needs it really, I think that will work better in the winter months when I plan to try indoor winter vegetable gardening.


I've smiled this morning when I saw some lettuce seeds had germinated only 36 hours after planting in a recycled plastic bottle turned into a mini-greenhouse.


I almost chuckled with glee when I tried out an experiment I learned on You Tube about making a gentle watering device for seedlings.

I've prepared several plastic bottles to make a 'hanging indoor garden', they're all ready to be planted up now, I'm really excited about that.

Runner and French beans are going mad, too early to plant them out yet, they'll have to have stakes to keep them upright before going outside.


I've incorporated bread making into my routine now, and am finding it very easy, I don't touch it at all, it's done in the Kenwood, here are my two latest loaves, I used less flour and added some wheatgerm into these two for a change.

 
Sopicat rules what I want to watch on TV as you can see
 
 
His favourite programmes are:  Topcat, The Aristocats, Cat on a Hot Tin Roof and Silvester and Tweety Pie.  His favourite actress is Kat from Eastenders of course.  Sometimes though, it all gets too much for him:
 
 
 


14 comments:

  1. Bless him.....our old cat used to sleep face down like that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's surprising they can still breathe.

      Delete
  2. My cat loves to watch videos for cats on youtube; birds, gerbils, hamsters, squirrels. He find fish a bit boring though. Sometimes he comes and looks at whatever we are watching and gives us a disgusted look, which eloquently tells us what he thinks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for that, I checked it out and got some vids up about birds, fish etc., and the cats love them ! trouble is Sopicat keeps trying to eat them - I will try to get some pics.

      Delete
  3. I hope things start looking up for you soon. I admire your positive attitude. I usually find that getting back to nature helps to heal us in some way. Sending love. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SD - that's very kind of you. We have to push forwards don't we ?

      Delete
  4. Your growing is coming on great it just shows what can be achived on a budget and in a small space :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I' ve found a frugal item, I'm posting about shortly.

      Delete
  5. Hope life turns round for you soon - so nice to see Sopicat looking well too xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Trudie, kinds words mean a lot.

      Delete
  6. Cats seem to be able to sleep however they are sitting or lying. Well done with your growing, coming along nicely

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi SS, I've done something silly though - check my latest post !

      Delete
  7. What a great use of bottles and your beans are doing so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm trying to re-use as many bottles as possible, there's always a never ending supply here !

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...