Friday, 22 May 2015

So hard to walk away/Truly, madly, deeply ... !

Whilst out on a walk yesterday I saw a tiny bird right in front of me on the path.

Now my first reaction was to scoop it up and take it home to 'care' for it, but I remembered the posters on my vets wall, and the warnings from the RSPCA that there will almost definitely be a 'mother bird' around somewhere watching over it.
I hung around for a while, fighting my instincts, and made sure there were no dog walkers around, before making myself walk on.  I kept turning around to see if 'Mum' had turned up, but perhaps she was waiting for me to disappear before coming down to her baby.  I certainly hope so, it was on my mind all night.  I've tried to save baby birds so many times in the past, and despite giving them worms and grubs to eat and keeping them safe, they invariably die.  I hope I did the right thing.

Truly, madly, deeply ..... that's how much Sopicat and I are in love !!  we adore each other.  When I sit down for a break, or get my feet up, he's there - coming for his 'fix', I just sat down with a cuppa and he pounced on my legs pinning me down.

 
This is  his favourite position - he sleeps on me at night like that too.
 
 
So that's it now until he decides he wants to move, I don't disturb him !  HRH Sopicat rules OK ?
 
When he moves I dash around trying to catch up on jobs, and if he is sleeping when I come in I creep around so I don't wake him.  I hate having my picture taken and will avoid it at all costs, the camera isn't kind to me !  however I'm trying to come to terms with the fact that if I want to keep 'memories' this is something I have to overcome.
 
 
 
 
 






6 comments:

  1. I love the way cats can make themselves comfortable anywhere and he certainly looks comfy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's perched on my shoulder right now, he may be comfy but I'm not - ha ha

      Delete
  2. Shows how much he loves you (and how much you love him) xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a match made in heaven !

      Delete
  3. Wean, I worry myself sick over baby birds. Like you, I have a hard time walking away. I have in the past raised a baby Robin and two Starlings. The birds were very young, no feathers, and had fallen from a very high nest. That's a good picture of you. Again I'm just like you when it comes to cameras. I hate pictures of me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wish I'd picked him up now !

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...