Monday, 11 May 2015

Why do I do this to myself ... ?

My head is like a pressure cooker - again.  The reason ?  ******* technology ! Life used to be so simple, no buttons to press or click, a window was something you looked through, a mouse is what the cat brought in, there was no such thing as social media, computers used to be housed in huge rooms (and that was just one!), 'online' usually referred to a train journey, and the closest thing we got to shopping from home was a catalogue that allowed us to pay in monthly instalments.

My brain hurts.

I've struggled my way through sorting and setting up a Satnav, a state-of the-art digital camera, installing Windows 8 - argh - don't ask ! and a mobile phone.  I've written an ebook and almost took myself to breaking point trying to 'format it' - honestly you need a university degree to do that, I had to admit defeat and pay to get it done professionally but not before the effort turned me into a quivering wreck !  In the past I have set up and run websites and of course, I sell my stuff on Ebay and Etsy, none of these things have come easily to me.  My poor old brain cell is knackered !


So what's going on now then ?  for some stupid reason I have decided to make and publish some You Tube videos - I now know I have completely lost control of my senses - only a complete idiot would do such a thing.

You see I hate to admit defeat, I think if someone else can do something, then why can't I ?  well the answer is that most of the younger generation have had some sort of instruction in all things techno.  I wonder how they would get on if, like us oldies, they had to figure it all out by themselves with only online instructions to follow ?  trial and error is how it works.

I don't want to be an old granny who tries to use a mobile phone to change channels on the TV, or whose grandchildren look on with sympathy and impatience, thus I will keep learning and not give up, and hopefully will not be looked on as someone who should be in a home for the bewildered.

4 comments:

  1. take it one step at a time, keep videos very short to start with as they can take an age to load up you will get there, you can always do a couple of really short 30second ones load them and not make them public just to practise with :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes I'll take baby steps. One thing's for sure, I won't be sitting in front of the camera - !!

      Delete
  2. Wean, this is funny, well not really 'funny' but I know what you mean. Good grief, you should be my age! I don't even try. I'm so thankful to know enough to have a blog, thanks to Lynn, and know how to use my cell (flip) phone. I'll just have to be content with that. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'm older than you Henny !

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...