Thursday, 19 November 2015

Vac update and a frugal tip for the ladies ...

I haven't got my 'free' vacuum yet because when I went to collect it they only had the shop display one available and have had to order one in for me, so I'll show it to you when I get it (hopefully not too long because my place needs vacuuming now!)

Anyway, here is a quick frugal tip for the ladies - men look away now.
OK, that's guaranteed all the men readers are watching, so here goes.

Bras - I wear the good old faithful Triumph 'Doreen' bra, have done for years and will continue to do so.  They have been described as not so much a bra, more a construction of scaffolding !  The pretty little lacy numbers look great if you are wearing a shear top or open stitch sweater etc., but no good at all if you have more than 'two fried eggs' to support !

They certainly are well made, made to last of course, except the back fasteners.  They are not cheap, around £34 each I think at the time of writing.  I used to buy just one a year, but as they last so long, I haven't bought one for longer than I care to remember.

Anyway, the only complaint with this bra is the back fasteners, which do wear out or break off, it's a shame that the manufacturers don't use a stronger back fastening because the rest of the bra is obviously high quality.  So save yourself some money by replacing the back fastening strip.



Something like this picture, but the Triumph bra needs a kit that has three hooks and eyes, I've got them from Hobbycraft in the past.  They retail at a couple of pounds each, well worth the effort, can save you over £30 if you just spend a little time unpicking the old section and replacing it.

This isn't a paid ad for Triumph or Hobbycraft by the way, just a frugal tip.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...